Objections to the Christian Faith from the Unchurched and De-Churched
Tue Dec 02, 2014
Craig Groeschel: We Innovate for Jesus
Tue Oct 14, 2014
Mark Driscoll: Revelation
Tue Oct 07, 2014
RESURGENCE LEADERSHIP #034: JOHN PIPER, WHY I TRUST THE SCRIPTURES, PART 2
Tue Sep 30, 2014
Resurgence Leadership #033: John Piper, Why I Trust the Scriptures, Part 1
Tue Sep 23, 2014
Christ and Culture Revisted
In May 2007, Resurgence had the opportunity to participate in and record the content from the first Gospel Coalition conference. In this breakout session from the conference, listen as Sandy Wilson talks on Christ and Culture Revisited. In this session, among other key points, Sandy explains the 2 main dangers of Christian and Culture: Assimilation and Withdrawal and talks about the fives ways that Christ can interact with culture:
- Christ against Culture - Amish, Quakers, etc.
- Christ of Culture - Schleiermacher, dialog about Christ in every culture.
- Christ over Culture - Roman Catholicism, Christ's reign over nature and grace
- Christ and Culture in paradox - parallel ways of life. Culture cannot be redeemed and thus must be overwhelmed
- Christ transforming Culture - Augustine, Calvin
Sandy argues that No. 2 (Christ of Culture) is not even Christian and an illegitimate perspective, and further goes on to argue that authentic Christianity engaging with with culture, at different times and places will look like a blend of No. 1, 3, 4, and 5.